Monday, February 20, 2006

Delicious Leftovers


Tonight my attention shifted away from the celery momentarily to focus on the dozens of cherry tomatoes I have sitting around. I chose a very simple recipe from Vegetarian Express by Nava Atlas. It's really more procedure than recipe, but Parmesan Broiled Cherry Tomatoes turned out very tasty. I sliced the tomatoes in half and laid them cut side up in a baking dish. A sprinkle of salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil provided the base for a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. I broiled until the cheese was toasty.

The result was a delicious side dish that both Andy and I enjoyed. We may have this again later this week as we continue to pick away at the mounds of food sitting around the house. I served them alongside simply baked chicken breasts and roasted broccoli. A simple supper, but a grand one after days of mac-n-cheese and McDonald's. Tomorrow night I will return to the world of celery. Hopefully it will turn out better than today's lunch.

Okay folks, trying something new here, please accept my apologies as I try and work out a few things over the next few days- just trying to keep up with the technology. :-)

Tagged with

No comments: