Monday, February 6, 2006

The Great Wedding Countdown


Rachel and Cody's wedding is only 11 days away. I'm getting a little nervous. See, in an insane moment I offered to prepare the meal for their reception. I know. What was I thinking? Well, clearly, I wasn't thinking. So I will apologize in advance for the next two weeks. There will likely be very little new recipes and copious cooking coming from my kitchen. I do want to share the menu for the wedding at the moment. If you are reading this, and have a critique, comment, suggestion, whatever. Feel free to post a comment. I welcome any and all suggestions until the actual day of the wedding, so please share.

The wedding reception is a "Little Bites" menu. Mom Kranz (and Grandma) are providing hot shredded beef sandwiches and hot turkey sandwiches, and I am providing the little bites to accompany. Rachel is currently expecting 75 to attend, so I am planning on preparing food for 100, just to be safe for unexpected guests. Extras will go to Mom's house for the family the next day, so there isn't much worry for waste. Some of this may change yet, but this is currently what I am planning:

Imitation Crab Salad in Phyllo Cups
Crudite and Assorted Dips
Cheese/Ham/Sausage Platter
Olives and Pickles
Mini Meatballs in Sweet and Sour Sauce
Cocktail Shrimp with sauce
Fruit Skewers with raspberry dip
Chicken Satay Skewers
Hot artichoke spinach dip with sliced baguette for dunking
Deviled Eggs
Pesto Cheesecake
Individual Veggie Pizzas
Tortellini Skewers
One Bite Nachos
Canapes- Tuna with black olive, roast beef with herb butter, and mini reubens

I hope that is plenty. Beverages are being taken care of, and I will also be doing the cake. I might also provide crackers and spreads for that inbetween time when people are waiting for the meal to begin, but I'm not sure about that yet. The process should be fun. Assembling the platters will be a challenge, as well as dressing them up. I promise plenty of pictures from the actual event, and possibly the prep leading up to it. And as I said, any suggestions are welcome. :-)

No comments: