Sunday, February 5, 2006

I was so worried-


Last night I could not blog. I tried to get on to Blogger last night for several hours, and every time I had a problem. I had not seen anything that indicated na outage, and I was so afraid that something bad was going to happen to my blog. I feel much better this morning. I'm sure Bloggers all over are feeling the exact same way. Whew.

Well, today is the Super Bowl, which for me is simply an occasion to make some fun food. My M.O. for the Super Bowl has always been to pay homage to the host city. I like to prepare a meal that centers on the host city. That presented a bit of a challenge this year. Detroit? As far as I knew there wasn't really a specific food that screamed Detroit. Turned out I was wrong. Detroit is famous for The Coney Dog. What is a Coney dog? It is a casing-less hot dog smothered in chili, onions, and mustard. The light bulb goes on- and we are having chili dogs for the big game today. I have a few go withs as well, but I will share those later.

This morniing I have to share my thought for yestreday's post that never was. I ofund a new food item, that to me, was fantastic. A friend had dropped them off one day, she'd picked them up by accident, and didn't care for them. I wasn't sure I'd care for them. But yesterday I finally opened the jar and took a bite. Wow. It was simply a perfect combination of flavors. Salty, briny, fresh, yet deep, and earthy,and slightly fruity. A sweetness that is offset by a subtle pungency. I am speaking of Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives. Buy some. They are wonderful.

Well, that's all for this morning. I have two monkeys to get ready for church, a house to clean, and a Super Bowl game to prepare for. May Blissful Chewing and Swallowing vist your home today.

No comments: