Thursday, February 2, 2006

My 200th Post!!

You Are Thai Food
Trendy yet complex.People seek you out - though they're not sure why.



SO maybe I could have come up with something a little more exciting than a Blogthing, but it is fun to see that I am Thai food. I am not super familiar with Thai food, but what I have had of it, I love, so it's fun to see I'm not something boring, like whole wheat toast or something. :-)

The 200th post means I get to be a little reminiscent today. When I first started this blog last year, it was really an effort to connect with my family. My sisters were blogging from college, and it was great to be able to check on them and see how life was going. I have family all over the country, and they are always wanting to know how Zander and Abigail are doing, so a weblog seemed the way to go. Little did I know what I would discover.

Enter the foodblog. I am a daily visitor at the Cooking Light Bulletin Boards. I love the magazine, and I love the people on the BB. They are so friendly, warm, and always eager to help out or try new things. Almost every day, I saw a post by a relatively new member- Missindi, with a blurb about checking her blog. Whatever, for some reason, that annoyed me at first. (Sorry Missindi ) Then one day I clicked on it, and I discovered a whole new world. I was so inspired. Not only by Sweetnicks, but by the dozens of foodblogs on her sidebar. I discovered a treasure trove of inspiration, and my blog changed accordingly. I found myself wanting to talk about last nights lasagna, or the next days cheesecake. And the wonderful thing was it gave me an outlet. Andy can only hear so much about the joys of a tube pan.

I have found an addiction, and I love it. :-) Almost all day long I have a little blog chatter running through my head- now what should i post about tonight, or what would Culinary In The Dessert do? Or, I hope this works out so I have something to blog about today. And food blogging is only getting more exciting! The Well Fed Network, and Very Good Things are both the beginning of something completely new and different in the world of blogging. While I can't promise to be as exciting as many of the food blogs are, I can promise to be real. I also can't promise the stunning photography or beautiful food writing, but I will continue to plug away. So many people around the world have inspired me in my humble little kitchen, that if I can inspire just one person through my blog, it will be well worth the effort. So I hope those who have travelled in my direction will continue to do so.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this wonderful journey. It can only continue to get better, and as long as we are able to avoid further "Peanut-up-the-nose" incidents, it will be a happy place at Tummy Treasure.

No comments: