Wednesday, May 31, 2006

VRC: Food On A Stick




Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I had fun coming up with a few morsels for VRC: Food On A Stick. It was equally fun to see the entries pop up in my inbox. And all of them look really good. I mean, mouthwatering good. One of the best parts about hosting this month's VRC, is that I have "Met" several food bloggers that are new to me. I have added their blogs to my favorites, and I'm looking forward to seeing more from all of them. While I ideally would have liked more entries, this was fun anyways, and I appreciate everyone who participated. And if you're reading this and going "Oops!" It's okay, if you send me a late submission, I'll add it on to the round-up anyway.
Let's move on to this months entries for the Virtual Recipe Club, because I just can't wait to share the delicious looking recipes with the rest of the blogosphere. You will also see a recurring theme...

First up, we have a pair of kebab recipes from My Life As A Reluctant Housewife. Gabriella starts us off with her Lamb Kebabs With The Three C's. Oh my, they look tempting.



And if that's not enough for you, she also shares with us Steak Kebab With Pineapple Marinade. Thanks so much Gabriella!

Next we have Eliza from Notes From My Food Diary. Eliza brings Napoleon Beef On A Skewer- also called Thit Bo Lui. Doesn't this just make you want to run out and get some beef? Thank you for joining us this month Eliza!


Next we have Kalyn joining us from Kalyn's Kitchen. When I saw a submission from Kalyn, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. And how could I be with Chicken and Veggie Kabobs with Garlic and Basil. Thanks a bunch for sharing Kalyn!


Joining us next is Haalo who hails to us from Cook (Almost) Anything At Least Once. Haalo shares two recipes with us today from the land Down Under. Just look at these Skewered Lemongrass Prawns!


Haalo also shares with us this rather unique recipe for Potato Skewers. I would have never thought to put potatoes on a skewer, but these babies sure have me planning on giving them a try. I don't know which looks better- the potato, or the clove of garlic on the end. Thank you Haalo for the new inspiration!

And last, but certainly not least, here are my two entries. First up, we have a Chicken Tikka.


Followed by my newly created Grilled Meatballs. And that is this month's round-up. Now comes the hard part- deciding which one of these precious "Foods On A Stick" to try first. Thank you to everyone for participating, it was so much fun to "meet" you all, and I'm looking forward to following more of your cooking adventures.

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Haalo said...

What a wonderful and totally delicious round-up! Great work Erika.

Erika W. said...

Thanks Haalo! It was fun to do.